Cooking With Metachat!

Monday, September 26, 2005

grapefruitmoon's Yummy Pasta

Make pasta. I'm sure you know how. Linguini works best for this, but I've had good results with bowties as well. I wouldn't recommend maccaroni or anything teeny weeny like that.

- While pasta is cooking, heat ~ 1/3 cup oliveoil in a pan
- add a pantsload of chopped garlic (I've used anywhere from three cloves to a whole head, depending on what I have available - the more, the better in my opinion)
- If you're adding less than five cloves chopped garlic, I'd recommend 1 tsp. garlic powder to give the oil a little flavor.
- 1/2 tsp. roasted red pepper. (You could use more if you like things really spicy, but this certainly gives it a kick.)
- I sometimes add a little Italian seasoning, sometimes not. I recommend herb experimentation.

When the oil is all nice and hot and reeks of garlic, toss in a chopped tomato or two. Cook until tomato is to your done-ness preference. Add feta cheese (in very small hunks). Melt slightly.

Toss cheesylicious sauce over pasta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home